8 months old. Having fever, yellow discharge from ear. Given calpol, relent. Is there anything solution?

Hi, i have 8 months old boy... Since sunday night he had very high fever , we checked it on monday morning he had 103 degree, I am giving him calpol every 6 hrs..and monitoring his fever, it is between 100.8 to 102, it has not come down below 100 even after giving calpol. There is some yellow watery discharge from his left ear which came yesterday, today it is all dried up..he cries when i try to clean his ear. I am also giving him Relent morning an evening. Is there anything else I can do get his fever own... and how should i be dressing him? he is very weak and is getting frightened at any noise. We live in gurgaon.. Thanking you in anticipation, Bhavneet
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013