79yrs old with kidney cancer. Given calcium pills with boron, had heart palpitation. What could be the reason?

my father is 79 years old he was diagnosed with kidney cancer 3years ago. He was on sutin which did not agree with him and then was put on affinitor they took him off this last week since it affected his kidney capacity . They also just put him on calcium pills with boron. For the past two nights he has been complaining of heart palpitations it happens only at night. I should mention also his potassium levels are 5.7 do you have any idea why all of a sudden he is having heart palpitAtions and why does he feel it only at night it on aff
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012