75yr old. Has inguinal hernia. Found enlarged prostate. Suggested prostate surgery. Some say not required. Opinion?

good evening Dr. Chandan, My father, now aged 75 years. he has inguinal hernia (right side , approx 14 years) and we are planning for surgery though there is no pain or emergency. But the surgeon found enlarged prostate(enlarged prostate 36 gms with significant post void residual volume & mild cystitis , no focal lesion seen) in clinical examination, and he now advises for surgery for prostate(TRUP Method) too - because he says that hernia problem will reappear soon if prostate problem is not treated now. some doctors advised me their are no need to oprate prostate because it size is too small & no urine blockage problem , Will be treated by medicine . I will be highly obliged if you kindly advise me. Regards, Ritesh Gupta email - YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013