6 days late on period and negative pregnancy test. What could be this ?

I would like some advice as I am confused what could be going on.....I am 6 days late for my period (28 day cycle, and 8 days late for 26 day cycle), and I am usually pretty regular between 26-28 days cycles. I spotted on days 9 and 10 very mildly. I took an ovulation test on day 13 and it was positive, saying I would ovulate in the next 24-48 hours. We had sex about 3 times in that time frame. I have had minor cramping like I usually do before my period starts. My breasts are not sore , and they usually get a little sore as a PMS symptom. And a negative HPT this morning.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011