57 years old, physically fit, high blood pressure, fluctuating sometimes, low pulse rate. Causes and treatment for this?

I am 57 years old, feel super fit and can do 45 minutes on the treadmill ( average 6 km/hr) at least 3 times per week. However, my blood pressure reading on normal resting days is in the range of 150/82 and fluctuates a bit . But the pulse rate is always on the low side fluctuating between 35 and 40 for most readings. My therapist thinks this is bad, especially the low pulse rate. Mind you, I can run the mile, am healthy, sleep well, eat the right food but the pulse rate intrigues me. Is there any logical explanation for this? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012