38 weeks pregnant, history of double hernia, baby has frown big, advised induced labor, want to wait for longer. Suggestion?

hello, i am having a dilemma. I am 38 weeks today with a baby of an estimated weight of 3.4 kilo. Two years ago i had a double hernia in L4 L5, since a year they are pretty stable. As far is I understand this is the medical situation. During my pregnancy i had no problems with my hernia though. I am not overweight and have no other medical problems. My doctor wants to induce labor now this sunday, because of the baby being big and because of my hernia. I find myself defending the fact that i would prefer to wait a bit longer to give my baby the chance to come by its own, mainly because i feel physically totally fine and am totally ok to carry the baby untill at least 40 weeks. What would you advice me to do?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012