What causes dragging pain in the area of genitals whith relief when lying down?

Oncologist, Surgical
Feeling a strong pain in my right groin area (where the leg meets the lower abdomen) and my right testical. Pain is intensified when I’m sitting. When I stand I get some relief. When I lay down it almost seems to go away after some time. So I start the morning with very little to no pain almost as if I have gas or constipation. I have regular bowel movements. As but as I sit it gets worse. My right testical feels slightly larger and not as dense. The pain started after I had another series of lower back pain. I have a bulging disk in my lower back L4 L5. From time to time I may move a certain way or strain it and the pain will flare up for about a week. The pain will radiate from my back to the front of my upper thigh and sometimes down my leg. So I’m use to feeling pain in the groin area, but not this severe. Also the lower back pain goes away and so does the pain in the groin area. This time the pain is getting worse in the groin but going away in the back. The pain feels as if someone is stabbing me in the right groin area with a dull object and the right testical feels as if someone has kicked me. The pain will come and go with a few minutes in between. Once the pain starts I need to change positions or stand up to get some relief. Originally I thought maybe a kidney stone because of the intense pain, but I don’t think it is in the right location. I have no urination issues. Next I thought it could be a hernia, because as my back pain was getting better (after 1 week) I had done some heavy lifting. I’ve also read that a pinched nerve can cause this kind of pain.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 12 hours later
Brief Answer: very unlikely to be cancer Detailed Answer: You have a known disk problem. This pain could be related to that. Please check with your doctor. Other cause could be hernia. An early hernia can cause dragging pain in the area of genitals; your relief with lying down supports this cause. However, your doctor has to examine you to arrive at the diagnosis. Another cause less likely but a possibility could be torsion testis. This means that the testicle rotates with the spermatic cord as the axis. This is an emergency(if it is a complete torsion). The fact that you have relief of pain could indicate a partial torsion which gets relieved. One other possibility is varicocele. The blood vessels (veins) get congested with back pressure and cause dragging pain. More common on left side. Please get yourself examined again with your doctor for a definitive diagnosis