36 year old diagnosed with high blood sugar levels. Taking amryl and metformin. Need to take medication?

I am 36 year old male... 5'7" height with weight around 75 Kg. I was diagnosed with high Blood sugar level on a randon health check up around a year and half back i.e January 2012 with HB1AC level 8.9. Since then I am on Amryl 1 mg in the morning BBF and metformin sr 500 mg post dinner. Since then my HB1AC has dropped to 5.5 and last three quarterly checkup it has stayed around thatt leve... 5.9, 5.7 and 5.5. Last week the doctor changed Amryl 1 mg by Galvus 50. My doctor says with a person on diabetic medication the HB1Ac level should be around 6.5 to 7. Little confused whether I should stop medication of the change in medicine..
CA Murari K Singh.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013