35 yrs old, pregnant, vaginal bleeding. Ultrasound shows normal baby heart rate, bleeding still heavy. Is this normal ?

I am 35 years old and have been waiting for 14yrs for this pregnancy! I am 8 weeks pregnant with my second child! 5 days ago I went to the hospital with some vaginal bleeding , no cramping or clotting at that point! They did bloodwork and everything there was fine and had me go back the next day for an ultrasound! The morning of the ultrasound the bleeding had stopped and they said the baby had a good heart rate of 169 beats per minute ans also said it looked like the placenta had come away from the uterine wall a little bit! Then last night the bleeding resumed and was a bit heavier than before, still no cramping but passed one small clot smaller than a birth control pill! About an hour later I passed a fairly large clot with no pain! I called our telehealth line and the nurse said if there was no pain and there was no tissue present or a white/greyish tissue that I hadn t lost the pregnancy, that and because my breasts were still so tender! The bleeding is still going on but not overly heavy, but there none the less! Is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013