35 year old suffering from recurring tonsillitis. Tonsillectomy suggested. Blocked ears, feeling feverish. Concerned about the surgery

I m 35 yr old female. I am having a tonsilectamy in 3 days,. The last few months I have had recurring tonsilitis/ strep along with mildsore throats here and there. In the past month I have also dealt with red dry eyes , sometime waking up in the morning with my eyes stuck together with gunk. It has subsided in the last 2 weeks. The other thing I have been dealing with for a couple weeks now are with my ears. I was bent over one day scrubbing my bathtub and I suddenly got a blockage in my left ear. It stayed the rest of the night, but woke up cleared in the am. As the day went on it clogged again. Sometime I tilt my head and it clears, then straighten my head and it clogs again. This is daily up until a few days ago, it cleared altogether. Yesterday it came back but this time my right ear. I sound muffled when I talk but hear everyone and everything else fine. No pain really just pressure. Right now I feel like I have a fever but my temp is normal. I feel achy as well. Cant wait to get this over with, really hope it doesn t get postponed. What could be causing the ear pressure exactly?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013