3 year old with rotavirus infection. Dark stools with mucus. Could this be a parasitic infestation?

Hi, my 3 year old daughter was just tested for parasites by collecting her poo for the lab. The results came out normal and the doc now believes it to be rotavirus . Her stools are still abnormal and now I am seeing small dark thread-like things in her stool and it has become mucus-y. The lab tech told me that intestinal parasites are sneaky critters and that false normal screens can happen. Should I still be concerned that this could be parasites?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013