23 year old taking concor bisoprolol for PSVT. Increased heart rate. Is it a side effect?

Hello.I am a 23 years old woman, who has diagnosed with PSVT . I started to take Concor Bisoprolol 5 mg. I had my first ever episode 3 days ago when my heart rate went up to 220. Now i am home, taking it easy and waiting for next doctors apointment. Now my Braun machine is showing me numbers like this. Sys 81 , Dia 48 , puls 49. I had my pill , one pill per day, about half an hour ago. Is it normal??? Thank you, Raina.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012