23 months old having loose motion, fever, shivering. Given crocine syrup. What could be the disease?

hi, I am rahul Bramhankar. My son is 23 Months old (11.5 KG). Today since afternoon he is having loose motions at least 5 -6 time. he was little gloomy but did not complain much about anything. in the late evening he had little food and went to sleep. He woke after 1-2 hours. after that he started catching mild fever . he did loose motion once and then started shivering . his feet were trembling badly. but he was still smiling. We gave him crocine syrup 5 ml. now he is sleeping. can some one please tell me what illness he may be suffering with? Do I need to take him to doctor now?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012