2 year old with vomiting and diarrhea. Using cefixime. Need change of medication?

My 2 year daughter had a bout of vomiting with large volumes of fluids 3days back.i put her on motilium and she was the same eveninG she developed diarrhoea ie totally watery so I saw a paediatrician who started cefixime 50 mg bd for 5 is3rd day of medicine but diarrhoea hasn't cured .she hates taking ors but drinks lots of plain water and little food.should I wait for medicine to act or change the med?n is plain water fine cos she won't drink ors come what may.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013