2 weeks period for a year. Sonograph shows thin uterus, suggested biopsy. Anything to worry?

I have been having 2 week periods for almost a year not, they switched my birth control pills and this didn't help and they did a sono which they said was fine. However, I contacted my OBGYN again last week to see if we could try switching my pills again because after only 1 month of a regular period, I was back to 2 weeks this month. My sono was done in late June. the nurse called and said that the doc went back and looked at my sono and that my uteron was very thin and that he wants to basically do a biopsy to see if something else is going on. Should I now be worried about cancer? I am 41 years old. My mother had a hysterectomy due to cervical cancer when she was in her 30s.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013