2 months old developed severe chest congestion, Dr prescribed budecort. How to prevent such attacks ?

My daughter is 2 months old and developed severe chest congestion.She was coughing in the night 4/5 bouts of cough at frequent intervals. Doctor prescribed Budecort 100 4 times a day fro 3 days . My questions Can chest congestion not clear up on it s own? I tried steam inhalation as well but the mucous was deep inside and there was never any nasal discharge . How do i prevent such situations in the future ? Will children outgrown the need for such nebulizers and treatment.If yes by when?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012