19yrs old had miscarriage. Tissue mass showed in U/S. Suggested D&C. Is it common for my age?

Okay, I have recently went to a gyno and I am 19 years old, had a miscarriage in 2009, have really bad periods. And they did an ultrasound on me and my uterus lining is 21mm, and there was a tissue mass that showed up white on the ultrasound and she said its not normal and very uncommon especially for my age. She scheduled me for a d&c to go in a clean everything out and scope it with a camera. I m kind of scared because she said its not normal at all for my age. Please any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012