Thanks for writing in to HCM & for a detailed history & clinical features which does make our task of helping you out that much easier!
From all that you have stated, No it does not appear to be a fungal infection
to me. It appears more to be an 'allergic' phenomenon & most likely a 'photoallergic reaction' & /or more specifically a 'phyto-photodermatitis' & it may be related to the plants in your region.
Please trying applying a topical betamethasone-fusidic acid
cream locally to the area & taking an antihistamine. This should help relieve your symptoms.
Ideally, go across to a dermatologist
& do some 'patch' or 'prick' tests depending on what the suspicion is on (allergen i meant) & this may help give you a clearer picture for closure & one can avoid implicated allergens.
Trust this was clear advice & gives you a clear action plan.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist