16 mth baby drinking 1200 ml water in 8 hrs, passing 1300 ml urine. Serious?

Hello, my baby is 16 months old and drinks large amounts of water. I ve measured 1.200ml in 8 hours with a loss of 1.300ml of urine in the same time. My pediatrition told me of a condition in which the baby may not have a hormone biospherin I think. We live in Greece and the hospital in the part of Greece we live in does not have the instrument that measures osmolysis of the urine. I don t know where to go from here and how serious this condition is. Is there a chance the baby is just addicted to his bottle?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013