14 month old child losing consciousness. Has heart murmur. What could this be related to?

my 14 month old son has had a couple of incidents where he has briefly loss consciousness and his whole body went floppy, I have also noticed that when he is in a deep sleep he can go more than 20-30 seconds without breathing then makes a gasping sound which wakes hm up.It has just been found he has a heart murmer and we are waiting for him to have an echo cardiogram which will be in 4-6 weeks. it hasn t really been explained to me whether his symptoms could be linked to a heart murmer, do you think they could be?
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012