13 year old born with spina bifida having swelling in the testicles after a UTI. Removal of surgery suggested due to the abscess. Need a second opinion

Hi i have a 13 year old son that was born with spina bifida and some other health issues. Late November he was treated for a uti infection that formed a abese below his testicle area that also caused the testicle to swell . In December the abses grew again now larger. The urologist lanced the abses and prescribed more antibiotic medicine. The abses is still draining now we were told by the doctor that he will the area of the infection with surgery and the testicle may have to be removed. I believe that the uti infection was not treated properly in November. I just want some other medical opinion on this matter thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013