12 year old, itching around vulva, lips of vagina, swelling. Using monistat cream. Treatment?

My 12 year old daughter hasn t started her period yet. She is experiencing extreme itching around the vulva or inside the lips of her vagina and it is extremely red and swollen in that same place. She started complaining today of lower back pain . I have put Monistat yeast infection cream in her and she isn t getting any relief and we can t get in to see the doctor until in the morning at 9:45. I am worried as to what might be wrong with her and should I just take her to the ER.? Thanks for any advice!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012