i have a quick question about my echo report. I

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
i have a quick question about my echo report. I was diagnosed with a bundle branch block (irbbb with lafb) few years ago and no cause was found. I had a normal cardiac mri and the cardiologist made the determination that it was genetic. I had a echo done in September to follow up and the report said normal left and right systolic ventricular function. Left EF was 61 +/- 5. Going through the full report I noticed the tricupsid annular displacement was 1.8cm. When I looked online it said that a normal value is over 2.0cm. it also said that a low value is highly suggestive of right ventricular dysfunction. the other value i noticed of importance was the s Velocity which is very normal at 16. how can the tapse be low and the tissue velocity be normal? Wouldnt these two values be in sync with each other? either both high, normal, or low? i am trying to make senze of the low tapse and why the cardiologist felt that everything was normal?
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload the ecg and echo reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that kindly upload both the reports of ecg as well as echocardiography so that I can go through them properly and then give my opinion.

Kindly upload your reports.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: i have a quick question about my echo report. I 3 minutes later
i attached the documents.

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the quick feedback.

I have carefully gone through all your attached reports and I would like to tell you that yes your ecg does shows a bundle branch block and your Echo report is normal.

Regarding your concern for TAPSE, for your information the normal reference range of this measurement in adults is between 1.5 to 2.0 cm and yours is 1.8 cm which is well within the normal limits. That's why your doctor said it's normal. There's lots and lots of information over Internet both right as well as wrong so it's highly advisable that do not compare your reports and your doctors opinion with the information on net as every human body is unique and when doctors declare a report they declare it on the basis of lot many factors and corelations. So when we try to cross check that we are left confused.

I hope this information will relieve your worries and answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: i have a quick question about my echo report. I 12 minutes later
thank you. is it accurate that the s'wave velocity and tapse are in sync with each other? like one cant be normal and the other low. if 1 is abnormal then the other should be abnormal as well?

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Am sorry but which s wave velocity you are asking about, as there is no s wave velocity measurement note on your attached reports.

Are you asking for s wave of pulmonary veins flow profile?

Kindly Clarify.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: i have a quick question about my echo report. I 18 minutes later
sorry, they call it the RV systolic tissue doppler velocity. doesnt that value correspond to the tapse so if one is normal the other is normal and if one was abnormal the other would be abnormal as well?

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the feedback

Detailed Answer:
Yes both are interdependent and both are within normal limits in your case.

Sir your echo report is normal so don't worry and relax.

Feel free to ask me back if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap