having pain in shoulder and tingling sensation in legs with stomach burning. Underlying cause?

Question
Pain in left shoulder and left Peck area tingling sensation in both legs been everyday for 5 months now burning in stomach lost over 34 pounds in that time frame
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

The tingling sensation that you are having could be because of neuropathy. This can occur because of various causes including B12 deficiency. A detailed examination is required to arrive at a diagnosis.

The burning sensation in the stomach could be because of gastritis or gastric ulcer. (Acid peptic disease)

Other than these various life style changes described below will help you.

1. Do some exercises.....may be a walk.
2. Reduce stress.
3. Have your meal at the right time... do not miss break fast.
4. Avoid over eating and fatty foods.
5. Reduce spicy foods, coffee, tea etc.
6. Avoid drugs causing gastritis like pain killers
7. Relaxation exercises like Yoga, breathing exercise, listening to music, playing with children etc. would help.
8. Pray God.

Your doctor may prescribe antacids and proton pump inhibitors to control the symptoms.

Since you had a significant weight loss I feel you should consult your doctor for detailed examination to arrive at a diagnosis.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: having pain in shoulder and tingling sensation in legs with stomach burning. Underlying cause? 21 hours later
Thanks for the info I also have foul smelling stool that looks kind of like clay and real light colored and looks kind of fatty they have just tested me for celiac disease for results also been checked for Lyme disease but came back negative

Was serum bilirubin levels ever estimated?

Was a stool fat estimation done?

How about your appetite?

Please reply in detail so that I can help you better.

Waiting for your reply.

No they haven't checked any of that they got me on 150 mg of zantac twice a day and omeprazole 40 mg my appetite is not the greatest I eat but I don't gain any weight just stay around 185 pounds in December I was 214 pounds I also throw up every morning sometimes undigested food from the night before or just clear and green bile I feel really fatigued in the morning when I get up and I wake up 3 to 5 times a night

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 6 hours later

If there is no improvement with those two medications that you are on then further investigations are definitely required. After a physical examination, endoscopy and further lab investigations may be required to arrive at a diagnosis. Please consult your doctor for the same.

Hope this helps.