Would vitamin deficiency cause lower leg pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Dr, why would vitamin B12 deficency , cause lower leg pain?
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Vitamin B12 deficiency damages the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and nerves.
Those with this deficiency do experience nerve pain, commonly in the legs, though other areas such as the arms or hands may also be affected. In addition to pain, a B-12 deficiency may also cause sensations of tingling or numbness in the legs or other parts of the body.
The nerve pains are commonly precipitated at night. It might also be precipitated due to being overweight. Taking mild pain killers and B12 replacement therapy will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.