With a creatinine level of 1.2 can I take enchorate, buprone and serta?

Addiction Medicine Specialist
I have been taking enchorate chrono 500mg one at night, buprone xl 150 one in the morning and serta 50 two at night for the last 4 months. today my creatinine level is 1.2 mg/dl. kindly advise what to do.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! A serum creatinine level of 1.2 mg/dl is no reason to make any changes in your medicines in a hurry. For many labs, levels of up to 1.4 or 1.5 mg/dl are considered normal. I guess your lab must have mentioned an upper limit of 1.1 mg/dl or so. I assume your blood urea level is within normal range as otherwise, you would have mentioned that too. As an isolated finding, the creatinine level of 1.2 mg/dl is not of much importance except for indicating that it will be prudent to keep an eye on your kidney function to see if there is any rise in the levels. Since you were on lithium in the past, that may explain the slight elevation in the creatinine levels. Or it may simply be due to mild dehydration on the day you got the tests done. Please do not worry and continue with your medicines. Just repeat your blood tests after 3 months. Please feel free to ask if you need any clarifications. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry