Will withdrawal bleeding after taking ipill affect normal menstrual cycle?

Excellent
Question
Hi doctor. me and my would be had sex on nov 19, i didnt ijaculated to her i was far away from my orgasam and i had urinated before having sex. is it cause pregenecy because of precum ?.she had ipill one hour after sex.her last period was at oct 30th and she had 30 days cycle and usualy it delays 3 to 4 days. i heard ipill causes withdrowal bleeding.when will be her next peried ?.if withdorwol bleeiging comes will it stop the normal period it expected to be nov 30 ?. please give me a detailed reply doctor i am realy scared because we will be getting married next year only.is it requierd to have one more pill?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy is unlikely after taking I-pill. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. November 19 is the fertile period for your friend considering her last date of periods. Precum can cause a pregnancy although the chances are remote. Even if you passed urine before having sex, the remote chances of pregnancy are present. I-pill is a single dose tablet and should be taken as early as possible and not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure. It is 95% effective within 24 hours of unprotected sex. Since your friend has taken it within one hour, there is no need to worry. It can cause a mild spotting or bleeding 2-3 days after having the pill. There is no need to repeat the dose. Her routine period can also be delayed by a few days. Do not worry. This is not indicative of pregnancy. But I would advise you to use a surer way contraception like regular contraceptive oral pills as I pill if taken repeatedly can cause some menstrual irregularities. She is likely to have her next period by 10th December. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Will withdrawal bleeding after taking ipill affect normal menstrual cycle? 12 minutes later
Hi doctor..how can I knw the pill had worked?..if pill hasnt worked wat should I do next step..plese advice me..i am really scared Will the withdrowal bleeding come along with her period likly at 30 ? And no period at 10th? Will it happen? Is there chances of not having withdowal bleeding? Does it indicate chance of pregnency? Hi doctor plesse give me advise.asap..i am feeling like dying...really scared..

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 hours later
Brief Answer: I-pill works in 95% cases. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. I-pill is effective in 95% of cases. You need to wait till your next periods and if the periods are overdue by more than 10 days then get a urine test done to find out about the status of pregnancy. In Case the test is positive, the further management depends on the time of conception. It is too early right now to start worrying. The withdrawal bleeding is likely within next 2-3 days. It may not happen if there is no spotting till 25th Nov. Absence of withdrawal bleeding does not indicate a pregnancy. You can only wait for your periods now. Please do not worry. Regards.

Follow-up: Will withdrawal bleeding after taking ipill affect normal menstrual cycle? 13 minutes later
Thank very much doctor..will the withdrowal bleeding come along with her period likly at 30 ? And no period at 10th? Will it happen?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 hours later
Brief Answer: Periods will come. Detailed Answer: Hello. The withdrawal bleeding if comes will be before 25th Nov. She will have her periods by 10th December. The absence or delay of periods is more likely to be due to a hormonal imbalance caused by these emergency pills rather than a pregnancy. Please do not worry. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards

Follow-up: Will withdrawal bleeding after taking ipill affect normal menstrual cycle? 4 days later
Hi doctor..i am talking on the same thred as above....my friend got a bleeding today 29th..is it her regular menestral cylcle or is it withdrowal bleeding? Will she be having bleeding at 10th again?....bleeding she is having is quiet heavy and more pain.y is that? ...

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: It is her normal period. Detailed Answer: Hello. The bleeding she got today is likely to be her normal period. This is not a withdrawal bleeding. The bleeding can be slightly heavier than usual due to the mild hormonal disturbance. She will not get a bleeding on 10th now. Regards.

Follow-up: Will withdrawal bleeding after taking ipill affect normal menstrual cycle? 6 hours later
Thank u very much doctor..your replys helped me a lot. Do I need to have a pregenency test now ?...

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need of pregnancy test. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. Pregnancy test is not needed since your friend is having normal periods now. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards