Will taking ativan for anxiety interfere with IVF cycle and egg quality?

I am embarrassed to ask my physician this question. I have always had anxiety and sleep problems, but before when I became pregnant, after a few weeks my anxiety was not so bad and all I wanted to do is sleep. So I am not worried about the pregnancy. I am now 39 years old and decided to try to conceive again via IVF. The hormones and shots are making me have so much anxiety and I cant sleep AT ALL. The last few days I gave in and took some ativan. Will this interfere with the cycle and egg quality. Should I just admit to my Dr and husband and stop this cycle so we dont waste are money and time?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Inform your Doctor please Detailed Answer: Reproductive Endocrinology is a complex field of medicine. Your doctor managing the IVF and hormone cycles is likely an Infertility specialist and probably a Reproductive Endocrinologist. As you have surmised, these are complicated treatment regimens that require the finesse of an expert to regulate. It is not advisable to withhold any information from your doctor, particularly in the area of IVF and hormonal injections. To the best of my knowledge Ativan should not impact the treatment but I would defer to your doctor's protocols. I also understand the sleeplessness is bothersome and affecting your quality of life. Openly discuss these issues with him, and he may possibly refer you back to your primary care provider (or regular Obstetrician later when pregnancy is underway) to attend to other non-IVF related problems. Do not stop this cycle till you have heard from your IVF specialist on this matter. You may wish to call his or her office and leave a message for the doctor