Will primolut N usage affect my breast feeding baby?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: You wont get periods with 1 tablet. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. I have analyzed your query, during exclusive breast feeding there will be no periods due to high amount of prolactin hormone, but there is regular ovulation happening. So if you are sexually active you need to take some contraception. Primolut n is a synthetic progesterone, it is usually given for 5 days for withdrawal bleeding. You wont get periods as you have just taken only one tablet. Primolut is given only after ruling out pregnancy (if you were sexually active after delivery), what I advise you is get a urine pregnancy test and clinical evaluation to rule out pregnancy, once pregnancy is ruled out then you can take primolut tablet for getting periods. Taking primolut for short duration does not affect the baby. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Miss period after laparoscopy
- Missed period and mucus with spotting
- Primolut n when breast feeding
- Missed periods with copper coil
- Office hypertension causes
- Thigh dermatitis causes
- Epidural abscess causes
- Bacterial eye infection causes
- Will primolut n usage affect my breast feeding baby
- Primolut tablet while breast feeding
- Primolut breast pain?
- Primolut n breast lump
- Intermittent steatorrhea causes
- Mild fibroadenosis
- Menstrual bleeding non stop during menopause