Will hydrogen peroxide separate nail and granulation tissue?

I have granulation tissue that builds up because I get slightly ingrown toenails. It's the granulation tissue build up that is worse than the ingrown. If I pack cotton soaked in hydrogen peroxide will this help separate nail and tissue so that i can maybe later remove the granulation tissue or at least stop it from growing towards nail
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and understood your concern. Ingrown toe nail is a very painful condition where nail presses on the adjacent skin leading to inflammation and GRANULATION tissue formation. It must be hurting you, i can understand your situation. You may use hydrogen peroxide to clean and disinfect the wound but it won't help much in separating your nail and the granulation tissue if used alone. I will advice you to soak your feet in salted warm water for 15-20 minutes two to three times a day. This activity will help in making the skin around soft and will help in separating nail from adjacent tissue. Afterwards, XXXXXXX the area dry . Now you can apply hydrogen peroxide to the ingrown toe nail and surrounding area in very small quantity and put bandage around. It is a mild antiseptic having antibacterial action. These steps will help in relieving the condition and later you may go for granulation tissue/partial nail removal if required. I will also advice you to : 1)wear shoes with front part broad so as to avoid compression on the affected part. it will prevent worsening of the disease. 2) trim the nails across that is straight rather than curved. I hope i am able to solve your query. If you have further query, you may ask me. I will be happy to help you. Stay healthy. Good luck.
Follow-up: Will hydrogen peroxide separate nail and granulation tissue? 12 hours later
Thank you. Its not an ingrown toenail but more like that tissue or cuticle that is deep into base at left side - its not so bad as right. I have use a nipper to pull it out before and deep thick cuticle type tissue came out of base right edge. The pressure was relieved so much. Here are pictures of toe and tissue on sides
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. Thanks for posting the pics. They are really very helpful. I could see the swelling on sides of nail along with the thick tissue penetrating at the base. I will like to tell you that this thickness of cuticle with penetration into the base of nail is most of the times the part of ingrown toe nail as such. For this, nail filing is required preferably done by a specialist under hygienic condition to avoid secondary infection. You rightly said it really relieves the pressure. From the picture, i could also see the margin of the nail entering the side fold of skin leading to swelling of the adjacent skin. This constitutes ingrown toe nail. I will advice you to take treatment and precautions for that also so as to avoid the worsening of this condition. I hope i am able to solve your query. I will be happy to help you further, if you have any query you may ask me. Good luck.