Will germaloids help for itching sensation around my anus?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My anus started itching very badly about a month ago, however the past 10 days it has been very painful to have a bowel movement. Initially there was bright pink blood on the toilet paper but is becoming less so and sometimes none. I have had a look at the area in the mirror and can see the sphincter looks inflamed, sore, and is weeping a clear liquid but the skin looks very red. I am applying a cream called germaloids and taking a stool softener. How long will it take to heal?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Well,Germoloids will help if these are hemorrhoids or pruritus ani. But if this is perianal abscess, anal fissure or STD (and it could be) ,then germolodis wont help and you need different treatment method. If this is abscess,you need antibiotics or surgical drainage. STDs are treated bay antibiotics and fissures are treated by stool softeners. To establish what it is,you need to see proctologist. However, most commonly if there is pain and mild bleeding as you say,then these are hemorrhoids very probable. Creams are efficient only in selected cases,but when there is hemorrhoidal trombosis or internal hemorrhoids,it may not be effective and you need to see proctologist again. Till you do this, you should eat high fibre food,drink plenty of fluids,have sitz baths in salty water and continue with germalodis. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards