Will emergency contraceptive pill affect the results of a smear test?

Hello, I was wondering if taking the emergency contraceptive pill tomorrow will affect the results of a smear test I have booked for the following day?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 59 minutes later

Taking an emergency contraceptive pill should not affect your pap smear test results.Only if there is any discharge or bleeding, the pap smear results may be contaminated.In such cases,the test may need to be repeated,after treatment.
Only taking the pill,wont affect the smear test.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.