Will Kill Kilo help me lose weight? Have underactive thyroid gland and recently had a baby.

hi would kill-kilo help me lose weight ?i have a underactive thyroid gland for the last 17 years ,im 40 years old & recently had a baby

Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

I would like to request you to provide some more information to answer this query better,

1. May I know your height and weight?
2. Your latest thyroid function test report if you have any
3. Details of your occupation
4. Are you involved in physical activity - hours of physical activity/exercise that you are doing?

I am not sure of the contents of kill - kilo supplements. Normally all supplements contains fibers which when taken swells by absorbing water in gut and occupy space. Thus reduces appetite. It might contain few other products that affect heart and thyroid functions. Since you have a pre-existing underactive thyroid, I encourage you discuss about the contents of kill-kilo supplements with your treating doctor.

In addition, there are no clinically studies on the effectiveness and side effects of such weight reduction pills.

My suggestion to you is / are:

1. Please do regular exercise for about 30-45 minutes in a day on most of the days of week. You can start slowly and then gradually increase the time and intensity.

2. Plan your diet well; eat 4-5 small meals in a day; take more of fruits and vegetables and diet XXXXXXX in fiber.

3. Regularly monitor thyroid functions. Follow up with your doctor for its proper treatment.

4. I do not encourage you to use weight loss supplements. If you wish to try them, please do them under the guidance of your treating doctor.

I hope this helps. If you have any other query, I will be happy to address them.