Why is my baby getting irritated?

Feb 2013

My 4 months baby girl, from last one week she is sleep only 7-9 hrs a day and rest of the time always need someone to be with her everytime and also gets irritate. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Looks a normal phase in development. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. As the age increases, infant's sleeping time decreases, so nothing to worry about the sleep pattern. During wake up time, kids get boredom easily so they will cry for attention. So someone has to pick up the child for holding and interaction. So when the child is alert and awake, try to engage him with words, sounds, and colorful toys. As the age increases, kids try to interact with people and explore the environment with their inherent capabilities of vision, sound, and sensations. If the child is healthy, active, feeding well, and gaining adequate weight, then nothing to worry. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.