Why do I hear a hollow sound when I click my teeth together?

Why do I hear a hollow sound, like tapping on a jug, when I click my teeth together?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ear wax/sinusitis cause to hollow sound... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have done Neti Pot procedure and having a good flow of nasal secretions on both sides. Having nasal congestion is also associated with sinusitis and problems with middle/inner ear. Hearing hollow sound like tapping on a jug could be related to fluid/inflammation of the inner ear or blockage of external ear by wax. So, if such symptoms will not improve within a couple of days, I'd suggest to get checked by an ENT specialist for further evaluation. All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!