Why do I hear a hollow sound when I click my teeth together?
User rating for this question
Why do I hear a hollow sound, like tapping on a jug, when I click my teeth together?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ear wax/sinusitis cause to hollow sound... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have done Neti Pot procedure and having a good flow of nasal secretions on both sides. Having nasal congestion is also associated with sinusitis and problems with middle/inner ear. Hearing hollow sound like tapping on a jug could be related to fluid/inflammation of the inner ear or blockage of external ear by wax. So, if such symptoms will not improve within a couple of days, I'd suggest to get checked by an ENT specialist for further evaluation. All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Thread like red worms
- Hollow sound when i tap my teeth
- Hollow sound when teeth tap together
- Sore tongue with deep lines took vicodin reason
- Blocked ear sensation constant ringing difficulty listening to music recommendations
- When i tap on my head it sounds hollow
- Having dry throat feeling sick what should i do
- Sunburn like rash with virus
- Why do i hear popping sounds when i stretch
- Rhinoplasty is it safe where can i get it done
- I hear a hollow sound when tapping skull above my ear
- Spitting blood heaviness in chest suggestions
- Swollen shin like puddy
- Recurrent quarter sized shingles like rash
- Urine smells like protein shakes