Why do I feel constipated and fatigued?

I am (was) a very healthy, active 49 year old woman. I felt as if I was in my early 30's. The last few months I have felt breathless at times, chronically constipated and so tires I sleep whenever I can and always wake up fatigued? I had a physical and my T3 was 68 with a crit 0f 35 otherwise normal. I repeated my T3 and it dropped to 58 in 2 weeks? I feel really poorly. I have also had a neg chest x-ray and thyroid ultrasound showed small benign "normal" nodules. Any ideas? My T4 is normal??
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuj Sharma 4 minutes later

After going through your query it is obvious that you have nonspecific complaints which may be due to so many causes including menopausal symptoms.

I will advice you for complete thyroid test including T3 T4 TSH/ANTI TPO AB to establish any need for thyroid replacement.For thyroid nodule you may require repeat ultrasound in future as per your physician advice.

After thyroid report your physician can plan the treatment and can decide future plan of action for thyroid nodule.

Hope I have answered your query and I will be available for followup queries.