Why am I having swollen face?

Nov 2013

swollen faceI can't feel my face where it was hit at and where it is hard and swollen is that ok?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Inability to feel could be related to injury of the nerve in the skin of the area you were hit. It is not a cause of concern, as it is often due to neuropraxia.
Neuropraxia is a temporary problem and there is no permanent damage to the nerve in this condition.
Most often, it improves on its own. However, to speed up the recovery, you could use nerve vitamins such as vitamin B12 supplements.
For the facial swelling, you could use anti-inflammatory drugs such as diclofenac or ibuprofen.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Follow-up: Why am I having swollen face? 29 minutes later
thx that help
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later