Why am I having irregular heavy bleeding ?

im having heavy periods for least 2 weeks, they stop for a day or 2 and their back for 2 weeks, im on the implanon implant since january 2010
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later

From the history it seems that you may be having Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

The etiology of such disorder can be psychological stress, weight (obesity, anorexia, or a rapid change), exercise, endocrinopathy, neoplasm, drugs, or it may be otherwise idiopathic (unknown).
For diagnosis, you need to have an ultrasound scan of your lower abdomen.

To decrease the bleeding you need to have progesteone pills along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid. You may discuss with your gynecologist and get the drugs prescribed by them.

Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.\

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.