Why am I having headache, ear pain and stiff neck after delivery?

Hi, I had a baby about a little over a month ago, and a couple weeks after I had him I started having weird symptoms, such as stiff neck pain then headaches and my ears have been bothering me, it just hit me out of the blue. I had my baby with no pain meds, or epidural, and a vag delivery.
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 41 minutes later
These symptoms could be suggestive of several conditions.But unlikely to be directly related to a normal vaginal delivery.You should get looked at by a physician. Neck stiffness and headache could be indicative of infections like meningitis,cervical spondylitis, ear infections ,URTI etc.First get an xray cervical spine to rule out spondylitis.Its the most common.Infective causes will have other symptoms associated with it. Then ear examination is needed.Further investigation for infections need to be done if there is are associated symptoms.If there is history of fever,there will be infection.But its better to start from the simplest diagnosis first.