Why am I having early morning cough with sputum and shortness of breath?

Since last one month I am having early morning cough with Sputum and short XXXXXXX of breath. Also when I do some excerises I am getting cough and shortness of breath. I did medication with the help pf physician(antibotics, syrups etc) but still the situation is getting improved. May I know what exactly is the problem for me and how to proceed?

Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Your problem seems to be related to an allergic bronchitis/pneumonia or a lower chest Xray, particularly when you are at the peak of the problem.
The clinical examination would be helpful in sorting out the diagnosis.
You would need a course of antibiotics and bronchodilators based syrup, the dose and regimen your clinician would know.
Meanwhile you should avoid dusty outdoors and rest indoor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Why am I having early morning cough with sputum and shortness of breath? 58 minutes later
As I mentioned above that I have this problem/symptoms for more than one month.

Medication :
I have undergone for Blood test(with aboslute esinophill count test) and Chest-x XXXXXXX one month back when the problem not at its peaks but when I have early morning cough with sputum and shortness of breath . The reports are normal.

Physician prescribed Theo-Asthallin tablets for 10 days. When I used these tablets every thing went normal. After 10 days I stopped them taking and problem (early morning cough with short XXXXXXX of breath) again started.

One day The problem went to its peaks (heavy cough and short XXXXXXX of breath for whole night). On that day I went to some other physician and he had given one course of anti biotics (augmenten )and tusq tablets and some cough syrup.

after completion of that medication I was feeling ok but not completely cured. Still early morning cough with Sputum is there and also when I do exercises the problem is there.

Do I need to go for blood test and chest -x XXXXXXX only when the problem at its peaks?
What else special treatment do I need to take to find out the exact cause of the problem?

Today I went again to my corporate consultant and he again suggested to go for one course of anti biotics (OFLOXIN and TELEKAST). Can I try these for my symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
With the further details you have given it is almost sure that you are having allergic bronchitis or bronchial asthma.
There is no need to repeat the Chest Xray but you should repeat CBC and Absolute Eosinophils Count to see the levels and trends.
Oflox and Telekast would not help long, rather you should get a Spirometry to confirm the diagnosis, so consult a respiratory physician.
Inhaled bronchodilators+beclomethasone would be very helpful for you.
Wish you a great health!