Why am I having constant stomach pain with irregular periods?

I have been having stomache pain for months now. sharp and dull pain. I have pain also near my right side and ovary also in the middle of stomach area above belly button. it hurts worse when I eat. although it is a constant pain that doesn't go away. I haven't had my period in 5 months and I am not pregnant.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes to sharp&dull stomach pain explained... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX You are saying to have missed periods for about 5 months now, but you confirm not to be pregnant. It is normal to get irregular periods at your age; and this is called pre-menstrual syndrome. Usually, the fluctuation of the feminine hormonal levels is also causing the dull stomach pain you are experiencing. Next, I'd advise to do an abdominal/transvaginal ultrasound to exclude/determine ovary problems (including cysts or other problems) in order to get properly treated. Furthermore, you are reporting that the pain is worsening/hurting when you eats. Thus, other GI problems should be also ruled out: - gallbladder and pancreas (abdominal ultrasound) - gastritis or other stomach problems (upper endoscopy) - urine analysis and vaginal swab testing to rule out uro-genital infections Bowels problems should be another cause, especially if you are having changes in your bowel movements recently. I'd advise to: - eat often and small portions, chew up slowly - drink more water - avoid chillies, spicy, carbonated drinks/foods - do not lay down immediately after eating - discuss with your doctor to start taking omeprazole, buscopan for the pain, All the best! Dr.Klerida