Irregular menstrual cycle. Had unprotected sex. Negative pregnancy test. Brown spotting after taking Clarithromycin. Normal?

I am really worried for I have been spotting since Oct.31, 2012. I am 20 years old who have irregular menstrual cycle. I had my last menstruation last Sept.10,2012. Had unprotected sex on Oct.12 but is sure that my boyfriend did not ejaculate inside me(But just to be sure, I had a pregnancy test last Nov.9 and it was negative). On Oct.21, I was prescribed to take Clarithromycin(an antibiotic) for 10 days due to a throat infection and on my last day of medication(Oct.31), I started having brown spotting. I do not know if the antibiotic caused this or what. It is exactly 16 days since I was spotting. I ve seen cervical mucus discharge twice, one is clear with few red in it (I think it is blood), the other is reddish. I am not experiencing any pain in my body. The spotting has no odor. I am not taking any birth control pills. These are all the info I can think of. Is my spotting normal? I am afraid I might have a disease or what. Please do reply.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012