Why am I getting tingling sensation in legs?

General Surgeon
Hi, I get tingling in my lower legs beginning on the bottom of my feet and traveling up my leg and stopping just below my knees. This occurs daily and happens to both legs in an identical manner. Any advice? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by spine diseases (like spinal disc herniation) due to nerves compression, piriformis syndrome (due to nerve compression by piriformis muscle), veins disease after long time standing or by ions deficiency (Magnesium, Kalium and Calcium).
If you suffer also from back pain, spine disease might be the reason. If you sit a lot, piriformis syndrome ca be the reason. If your legs are also swallowed veins disease can be the reason.
It is advisable for you to start with Magnesium and Kalium oral supplementation and see if it brings any relief. If not, you should see neurologist and get scheduled for spine and pelvis MRI.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.