Why am I getting pricking sensation all over the body?

I am having for last few days random niddle like pricks all over the body like arms, legs, face, neck etc. No pain or any XXXXXXX or rash oh the skin. I am male and fifty yrs
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Pricking sensation all over the body is usually due the allergic reaction to the allergens which are present in the atmosphere. Anti-histamines like Cetirizine, lotions like Calamine lotion and moisturizing creams helps you in getting rid from it.
Other reasons which need medical attention are:
1. Vitamin Deficiency usually Vitamin B5 and B12.
2. If sensation occur due to previous medication like anticonvulsant, beta-blockers.
3. These type of sensation can occur due anxiety or panic attacks. Keep your mind relax and avoid stress as much as you can.
4. Neurological disorder: The home remedies with moisturizing creams and lotions like Calamine for 4-5 days. Keep your self protected from the allergens like dust, house mines, pollen any anything which you feel aggravates your symptoms. Wear fresh washed cloths and fresh linens at home.

Feel free to consult your physician if you do not get any relief from the remedies. Let your doctor investigated you for the cause.
Hope you got your answer. I will be happy to answer your other related queries.
Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh