Ask a Urologist   »  

White urine, tissue cells discharge. Urine examination shows presence of RBCs. Suggestion?

Jun 2015

Dear Doctor, From Past 7-10 days My color of he urine is mily white. Off late there are some tissue cells that is coming out. I get the Urine examination done and found that it has RBC's also. Could you please suggest me shall I visit a physician or a urlogist.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 58 minutes later

Milky white color of urine is called Chyluria.
It caused due to blockage of the lymphatic channels (most commonly by Filarial parasite, which blocks the lymph channels)

When lymph channels are blocked, they may open into the kidney, ureter or sometimes into the bladder and lymph (chyle) can leak into the urinary tract resulting in milky white urine.
Sometimes it can also be associated with presence of blood or RBC in the urine resulting in haemato-chyluria.

Management involves:
1. Anti-filarial medications
2. Surgical management- if lymph channels are severely damaged

So, it will be better to consult an Urologist & discuss regarding the management.

Appropriate management step will be taken based on case history, proper physical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: White urine, tissue cells discharge. Urine examination shows presence of RBCs. Suggestion? 17 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Thanks for your quick response. I could understand the cause of whiteness. One more thing, there is some gelly like tissues that comes out with urine. It mainly comes in morning. If the size of these tisues is large, it pains untill that comes out.
however in the day time generally, it does not come .
Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 10 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

The tissue like substance coming out from urine can be Urinary casts.
They are tube-shaped structures formed inside the kidney tubules & made up of white blood cells, RBC or kidney cells & held together by a protein released by the kidney.

Depending on the composition of these casts, they can indicate presence of infection in the kidney, interstitial disease, glomerular disease, etc.

Kindly discuss regarding this matter with your Urologist.
This has to be taken into consideration while formulating a management plan.

Hope I have been able to answer your query.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi