White cyst like bumps on scrotum and penis, white cheese like substance oozes when squeezed. No pain. Health risk?

I get a lot of white cyst like bumps on my scrotum and even on the skin of my penis. Some of them I am able to squeeze and a white cheese like substance comes out. I've had them or years. I'm 21 now and probably saw the first one when I was 13 or 14. They aren't painful, but I really don't like them. Are they a health risk? Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear,

The skin cyst you are describing are most probably sebaceous cyst.

They are due to retention of sebum due to blockage of excretory duct.

They are benign and do not cause any problems.

They will not cause any pain problem or health risk.
Only their presence is felt.

They can be removed with Rf cautery or excised surgically if you want them to be removed .

If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Follow-up: White cyst like bumps on scrotum and penis, white cheese like substance oozes when squeezed. No pain. Health risk? 31 minutes later
So does that mean the only way to remove them is to see a dermatologist? Or is there a home removal technique?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,

You should see a dermatologist for the treatment .There is no safe home treatment for removal.