Wheezing, coughing up mucus, stiff and pain in neck. Diagnosed with broncitis and asthma? Alternate advice?

I am a 26 year old female. I have been dealing with this problem for about 4 to 5 months. I have recently got worse in the part month and half. I have been wheezing, coughing up stringy like mucus, sometimes XXXXXXX and sometimes white. I have a metallic tasting cough. I have neck stiffness, and neck pain. I sweat all the time and at night. I have burning lungs, and when I eat it feels like the food gets stuck and causes pain in chest and back. One last weird thing I have been noticing is mouth pain? I have been back and forth to all kids of doctors and all of them say acute broncitis and asthma?? I have been on prednisone 4 times and all kids of antibiotis cough meds and inhaler, none has worked at all.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

Cough with expectoration is definitely a cause for concern. One has to look into infective causes the ideal thing would be is to undergo bronchoscopy at this point to remove the secretions from the trachea and see for organisms under the microscope. The expectoration also needs to be sent for gram staining and Acid fast bacilli.

I am thinking of infection because it has been 4-5 months and you are having XXXXXXX colored mucous which is metallic in taste.

Please continue the inhalers given to you. You could also buy a nebulizer machine and nebulize the same drugs which are being used in the inhaler. It is far more effective than the inhalers. Please approach your doctor for a prescription.
The ideal people to approach would be a pulmonologist.

I wish you a speedy recovery