What should be done to remove the growth on wall of labia minora?

Jul 2012

Hi there, I was wondering what those growths are on XXXXXXX face, and if they can be removed? I have noticed a few spots coming on on my face, just tiny little growths on a few areas, will they grow bigger as I grow older? I'm 22 at the moment and I just noticed them. I also have some that have been there since puberty on the inner walls of my labia minora. The ones there are alot, fully covering 1/2 of my labia. On both sides distributed evenly. Those haven't changed in size, neither do they hurt. Will they affect my health? I
certainly would like them gone if there is a solution, and how much do you think it would cost? Please help. Worried
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hey there.
XXXXXXX just so happens to be one of my favourite actors & i think his face with all those benign skin tumors are the key to remembering him apart from his performances ;-) having said that, they are a mixture of conditions but yes they can be all remedied using a combination of electrosurgery & lasers to begin with!
At your age, please have them removed...they are a simple matter & the charges will vary as per the number, the instrument used & the facility.
The ones on your genitalia are similar benign tumprs probably a condition called Fox Fodyces' spots & are of no clinical significance & can be left alone or removed but purely for cosmetic reasons unless one has reasons to suspect warts.
If from Bangalore or any part of India, would be happy to review you in my clinic & take it further. If not, suggest a dermatologist nearest you.
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Follow-up: What should be done to remove the growth on wall of labia minora? 16 hours later
Is it called DPI

Fox foydces is a chronic disease has nothing to do with genitalia growths
Hi there.
Firstly, DPN is probably a word or term you were searching for. Yes & i mentioned, XXXXXXX Freeman has multiple different types of tumors..some DPN, Some seborrheic keratoses & so on & so forth. Your case may not be similar but yes cosmetic intervention order of the day by choice as yes they may grow bigger with time & you may get new ones.
Second, i do not agree that Fox Fordyce is a disease per se let alone a chronic is a 'degenrative' change. Please dont believe everything you read on the net. Please also bear in mind that i have given you these opinions sans any imagery! Also Fox Fordyce spots do appear routinely on the genitalia.
In your instance, as there exists a doubt, please do visit a dermatologist on the ground & this will help clear all your doubts. Alternatively, feel free to upload photos of both regions. Cheers Good Luck either way!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD