What should be done for cough with sputum with sweating and itching?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello, I'm a 60 year old man, leading a normal life. No medical history till date. BMI is 24. But, from past 3 months, I'm getting cough with sputum every hour. Additionally, I get sweat often which in turn causes itching. Smoking Habits: No Drinking Habits: No Coffee: 4 times a day Tea: 2 times a day 1. What might be the reason for this? 2. Please suggest me prescription to get over this? 3. And also suggest me diet to follow.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Clinical examination and investigation are needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise you that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Following investigations may be helpful :- 1. Complete Blood Count (CBC ). 2. Thyroid profile. 3.Throat swab culture. Reports of the above mentioned Investigations will help in planning your medical management. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.