What should I do if my hands are numb?

my mri shows c6-7 cental canal stenosis with moderately severe to severe neural foraminal compromise bilaterally. Both of my hands are numb but neurosurgeon says I'm ok and mri is fine. Do you agree? Also doc gave me copy of wrong mri it belongs to someone else, I got my coy from image company.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Your MRI shows spinal canal stenosis with constricted foraminae causing compression of the nerve roots coming out from the foraminae.

The symptoms that you have is probably due to the nerve compression.

It seems that your doctor saw the wrong report. You need to have a follow up visit to the doctor and show him the report you got from the image company.

Medical drugs - methylcobalamin supplements, antiinflammatory analgesics or by epidural steroid injections, physiotherapy form the treatment of the problem. Surgical procedure is advised in severe cases.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.